Ranger RCI2950DX-CD Overview
New version has a new LCD faceplate and 40 watts PeP AM mod / 40 watts SSB
The Ranger RCI-29510 has a new updated all blue LED display rather than the older LCD display they have used for years. The Ranger 10-Meter HAM radio's new display has a 4-level brightness adjustment for any environment. The back-lighting for the buttons is still green.
The ranger communications incorporated (RCI) 2950 series has been a 10 and 12 meter radio produced by Ranger USA for over 30 years.
How many watts is an RCI 2950?
The average AM carrier is between 2-12 watts. PeP modulation is an average of 45-50 watts PeP. SSB is usually between 35-50 watts depending on the generation.
Ranger RCI2950DX-CD Features
- An improved receiverDesigned for increased sensitivity and image rejections.
- A double FET balanced mixerFor improved receiver intermodulation rejection.
- New power supply protectionAnd temperature compensation for improved stability and reliability over wide temperature ranges.
- Surface mount componentsFor increased resistance to shock and vibration.
- Improved display lightingfor easy reading in a wide range of light conditions.
- Variable power output controlAdjusts your deadkey power.
- 10 and 12 Meter BandsAllows you to recieve and transmit on these popular amateur frequency bands.
- Receiver Clarifier (0.5kHz)Allows you to adjust your recieve frequency.
- Noise Blanker/ Automatic Noise LimiterReduces extra static and recieve noise.
- Programmable repeater offsetAllows you to offset your frequency for FM repeator use.
- Blue LED frquency display
- Active frequency scannerScans through to find active frequencies.
- Ten programmable frequenciesProgram in your most monitored frequencies for easy access.
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
Ranger RCI2950DX-CD Specifications
|Power Output||40+ Watts PeP
|Modes||AM / FM / CW / USB / LSB
|Frequency Range||10 Meter 28~29 MHz & 12 Meter 25~26 MHz
|Length||9 1/4" from SO-239 to bezel
|Current Draw||7 Amp
|Fuse Size||10 Amp
|Microphone Pin-Out||6-Pin RCI
|Power Connection||3-Pin Standard|