*UPDATED MODEL JULY 2014*
Brand new from Stryker, the SR497 is here! This is the big brother to the SR447 with over double the PeP modulation.
Like all the Strykers before it the 497 comes preloaded sporting all the features of the Stryker SR490HP including the loud and clear 100 watt PeP modulation, turbo echo board and crystal clear all mode talkback.
New! The Stryker SR497HPC has a selectable color changing display where the meter, channel display and rim lighting can all change to red, green, blue, purple, cyan and various shades of these colors. Choose to have the display stay on one color or you can have the display automatically scroll through all of the colors on it's on. Easily switch between static or dynamic color changing.
The new display lights come with another feature we've heard Stryker radio owners asking for, the ability to dim the lights! The Stryker SR497HP can be set to dim to the point the lights are just barely visible, in fact the new channel LED being utilized in the display does a much better job of being clear but not overly bright.
The large easy to ready SRF/Power meter is a signature quality of the Stryker 497hpc and 447hpc. Easy to read and will flash on and off when high SWR readings are detected. The meter lighting can be set differently from the faceplate backlighting during transmit for any color combination.
By now you should have heard of the Stryker brand and the commitment to excellence Stryker has brought forth. This model does not deviate from the Stryker brand quality you should expect.
Loud, clear, easy to use and fun. What more could you want?
- 4-Pin Dynamic Microphone
- Two-wire power cord
- Mounting Hardware
- Operation/Owners Manual
- Color Changing Meter Light and Channel Display
- Large Round Meter That Is Easy To Read
- Advanced NB/ANL Circuit Reduces Interference
- AM/FM Operation and PA Circuitry
- Automatic AWI (Antenna Warning Indicator) Alerts the Operator If Their SWR's Are Too High
- Front Microphone Connector For Easy Mounting In Tight Spaces
- Three Position Dimmer Switch On Front Panel
- Receive and Microphone Gain Controls
- Frequency Counter Jack Pre-wired For FC-390 Style Counters
- 1 Year Limited Factory Warranty
- Power Output: 100+ Watts PeP
- Modes: AM / FM
- Frequency Range: 10 Meter 28~29 MHz
- Length: 10 7/4" from heatsink to bezel
- Length: 11 8/8" from heatsink to control knobs
- Width: 8"
- Height: 2 3/8"
- Current Draw: 15 Amp
- Fuse Size: 20 Amp
- Microphone Pin-Out: Standard 4-Pin
- Power Connection: 2-Pin
Stryker SR497HPC Review By: Tom - Walcott Radio Employee
- Product Review: love the radio , great sound quality, great features ,packs a punch ,and very easy to install.
- Pros: very few issues
- Cons: stock mic isnt great definitely need to upgrade at purchase
Stryker SR497HPC Review By: Jason - Walcott Radio Employee
- Product Review: I can\'t say enough good things about the Stryker 497 HPC. It\'s loud as heck and holds up well. Add a cool, selectable color display to the mix and you\'ve got one excellent radio.
- Pros: Over 100 watts and still draws less than 20 amps means no direct to battery power connection. Cool looking and reliable too.
- Cons: No SWR meter or frequency counter are the only limiting features.