This is the highest output radio available from Galaxy, pushing over 200 watts of modulation with 8 IRF520 MOSFET final transistors, 50 watts more than the DX95T2 and over twice as powerful as the Galaxy DX94.
As an added bonus the DX98VHP has all blue LED frequency and channel display as well as blue meter lamps in the extra large meter. Due to the additional output power there are now two internal quiet temperature controlled fans to provide airflow over the enlarged heat-sink. Also included is the Galaxy MOD lamp and Starlite faceplate making the DX98VHP ideal for both night and day use. Big power, loads of features, topped off with the Galaxy name and support. The DX98VHP, meet the big dog in town.
- 2ft Power Cord
- Mounting Bracket
- Owners Manual
- Variable Output Power: AM carrier adjustable from 10 to 50 watts.
- Variable RF Gain Control: used to increase or decrease received signals
- Variable Dimmer Control: Fully adjustable control for faceplate, channel, frequency, and meter displays.
- Variable Talkback Control: Adjustable talkback level, can be turned off
- Accessory Panel: New! All internal hardware now included
- Galaxy Style Echo
- Built-in Voice Changer
- On/Off Roger Beep
- Automatic SWR Curcuit
- Same Main PCB as DX95T2
- AM/USB/LSB Modes
- Starlite Faceplate
- Side Microphone Jack
- 5-Digit Blue LED Frequency Counter
- TWO YEAR GALAXY WARRANTY
- Power Output: 200+ Watts PeP
- Modes: AM / USB / LSB
- Frequency Range: 10 Meter 28~29 MHz
- Length: 10 1/8" from heatsink to bezel
- Length: 11 1/8" from heatsink to control knobs
- Width: 7 7/8"
- Height: 3 1/4"
- Current Draw: 45 Amp
- Fuse Size: 50 Amp
- Microphone Pin-Out: Standard 4-Pin
- Power Connection: 2-Pin Heavy Duty
Galaxy DX98VHP Review By: Jason - Walcott Radio Employee
- Product Review: I absolutely love this radio. One of the most powerful 10 meter radios available with over 200 watts. SSB operation is nominal and on par with other Galaxy radios. An excellent choice when the band is open on 10 meters.
- Pros: Lots of power, large meter, and all the features you could want.
- Cons: This is one heavy radio. For our base station operation, it sits on a bench, so the bulk isn't a problem.
Galaxy DX98VHP Review By: dale t.
- Product Review: I have had this system for awhile an man it is loud to everyone that hears it an i am running it in my rig with a wilson 5000 an it's doing the job so thanks for the hard work u have done to this radio it gets out real far an very loud to.....
Galaxy DX98VHP Review By: Stephen E.
- I have been running this radio for about six months now in my car with a wilson 5000.This is the best set-up I think I ever had.Setting on the mountain brow here in Burlington,Ontario I made a contact in the UK!
Galaxy DX98VHP Review By: Dirk V.
- This unit will drop the maul. I use it to drive an 8KW Pill Box, through Jo-Gun beams, running hardline, and it does a nice BOOMPH on puppets...
Mud Ducks are dying left and right. Good SSB, too, like the clarifier...it drifts a bit when it gets warm, but not a big deal....