The DX55HP is the updated version of the older DX55V. The biggest advantage to the new version is that they've doubled the power output. The 55HP now boasts 45 watts modulation and 2-15 watts deadkey.
Like most newer radios they've also switched out all the green LED's and lights to blue. You also get a dimmer control so you can turn down the lights so they're not so hard on the eyes at night. There's even a 5 digit frequency counter to help you easily find the channel and band you need to be on. All in all, an excellent radio for not a lot of dough.
- 4 Pin Dynamic Microphone
- Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- Power Cord
- Owner's Manual
- 50+ Watts Modulation
- 2-15 Watts Deadkey
- Blue Meter, Channel, and Frequency Counter LED's
- 5 Digit Frequency Counter
- AM/FM Modes
- 6 Selectable Frequency Bands
- Switchable Roger Beep
- Side Microphone Jack
- Power Output: 50+ Watts PeP
- Modes: AM / FM
- Frequency Range: 10 Meter 28~29 MHz
- Length: 10 1/8" from heatsink to bezel
- Length: 11 1/4" from heatsink to control knobs
- Width: 8" to mike jack on side
- Height: 2 3/8"
- Current Draw: 7 Amp
- Fuse Size: 10 Amp
- Microphone Pin-Out: Standard 4-Pin
- Power Connection: Standard 3-Pin
Galaxy DX55HP Review By: tommy b.
- Product Review: purchased this radio 2-3 months ago from Walcott and have been very pleased with my radio-matter of fact so pleased with the Galaxy brand I have decided to upgrade to the Galaxy DX98VHP- the best part of my radio purchase would ordinarily be the radio itself but in my case the best part was how Walcott does business, a true rarity these days, you call their telephone number and a knowledgable person actually answers the telephone not some recording instructing you on what button to press but a live person asking "how may I help you?"
Folks I can't speak for anyone but myself and I'm saying that kind of service means alot to me. I am 53 years old and that kind of service used to be the norm but has all but vanished in todays "hurry up" world- when I called the person even took the time to explain a few things I didnt understand which led me to making the correct purchase on some accessory items.
- Pros: outstanding customer service
- Cons: none
Galaxy DX55HP Review By: Jason - Walcott Radio Employee
- Product Review: Get all of the power and performance you would get from any other dual MOSFET 10 meter radio just without built-in echo.
If you want to save money and still get 50 watts of power, the Galaxy DX55HP would currently be the best choice.
- Pros: 50 watts, large meter and frequency counter.
- Cons: No echo or talkback.