Ranger Communications once again sets the performance and reliability standard for entry level amateur mobile transceivers with the latest generation of our popular RCI-2950/70 series of cost effective, multi mode, high performance transceivers.
Introducing the new RCI-2950 & RCI-2970N2. These new models feature microprocessor control of not one but two amateur bands. The new RCI-2950, rated at 25W PEP and the RCI-2970N2, rated at 200W PEP are perfect for the recent band openings on 10 and 12 meters. Now you can upgrade your mobile Ham capabilities with a radio that is rich in features and reasonable in cost.
Always a popular single sideband radio, the new models have retained the operating features of its popular predecessors, including programmable repeater offset and capabilities for a CTCSS tone option — great for increasing repeater activity on 10 meters — and receiver scanning for quick search of active frequencies. The units offer three methods of frequency selection, non-volatile memory to store and scan up to ten favorite frequencies, and front panel frequency selector lockout.
- 6-Pin Dynamic Microphone
- 6-pin two-wire power cord
- Mounting Hardware
- Owners Manual
- Modes: AM/FM/USB/LSB/CW
- An improved receiver: Designed for increased sensitivity and image rejections.
- A double FET balanced mixer: For improved receiver intermodulation rejection.
- New power supply protection and temperature compensation: For improved stability and reliability over wide temperature ranges.
- Surface mount components: For increased resistance to shock and vibration.
- Improved display lighting: For easy reading in a wide range of light conditions.
- Variable power output control: Adjusts your deadkey power.
- 10 and 12 Meter Bands: Allows you to recieve and transmit on these popular amateur frequency bands.
- Receiver Clarifier: Allows you to adjust your recieve frequency.
- Noise Blanker/ Automatic Noise Limiter: Reduces extra static and recieve noise.
- Programmable repeater offset: Allows you to offset your frequency for FM repeator use.
- Large green backlite frequency display with dimmer.:
- Active frequency scanner: Scans through to find active frequencies.
- Ten programmable frequencies: Program in your most monitored frequencies for easy access.
- 200 Watt Peak Power.
- Bottom and rear heatsinks: Disperses extra heat away from internal components.
- 2 year manufacturer warranty.
- Power Output: 200+ Watts PeP
- Modes: AM / FM / CW / USB / LSB
- Frequency Range: 10 Meter 28~29 MHz & 12 Meter 25~26 MHz
- Length: 10 1/8" from SO-239 to bezel
- Length: 11 1/8" from SO-239 to control knobs
- Width: 7 7/8"
- Height: 2 7/8"
- Current Draw: 40 Amp
- Fuse Size: 50 Amp
- Microphone Pin-Out: 6-Pin RCI
- Power Connection: 2-Pin Heavy Duty
Ranger RCI2970N2 Review By: jason l.
- Product Review: HI PEOPLE, THIS IS 2W706NMS, I HAVE BEEN MASSIVE CALLS ON THE RANGER 2970N2 RADIO, WALCOTT CB DONE A GOOD JOB FOR ME ON THE RADIO. THE RADIO IS THE BEST YOU CAN GET, YOU WONT GO WRONGE BUYING FROM WALCOTT CB, THE PEOPLE THARE ARE NICE AND HONEST PEOPLE. I HAVE BEEN ASK A LOT OF QUESTION ABOUT THE N2, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CALLS AND CONCERNS ABOUT THE RADIO, ITS ONE BAD RADIO, NOTHING BUT THE BEST OF THE BEST, I RUN SIDEBAND MOST OF THE TIME, I USE THE RADIO JUST FOR SIDEBAND, WHY, ITS DOES REAL GOOD THARE, ON AM ITS DOES A WONDERFUL JOB, I LET MY FRIENDS COME OVER AND USE IT, AND THEY ARE WONTING ONE TOO, WHEN I GET MY TAXES BACK NEXT YEAR, IM BUYING ANOTHER ONE,LOVE THE EASY TO USE KNOBES, AND THE VFO, I LOVE THE RADIO BECAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE ALL THOSE TOYS IN IT, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE RADIO CALL WALCOTT CB.
- Pros: NOTHING BUT THE BEST
- Cons: NOTHING AT ALL
Ranger RCI2970N2 Review By: jason l.
- TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS, MY NAME IS JASON LAWRENCE, I LIVE IN NETTLETON MS, I GOT THE RCI 2970N2 FROM WALCOTT CBS, THE STAFF ARE REAL FRIENDLY TOWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS, AND REALLY NICE. I GOT THE RADIO IN ON FEB 2,2010, I HOOKED THE RADIO UP, AND IT IS THE BEST RADIO I HAVE EVER OWNED, THE RECIVE IS EXCELLENT, WHEN I FIRST KEYED UP AND SAID THIS IS 706NMS, I HAD ALL KIND OF PEOPLE COMEING BACK TO ME, GOOD SINGLE REPORT, ITS JUST A GOOD RADIO, YOU CANT BEAT THE RCI 2970N2. I HAVE THE RADIO ON A MARINE BATTERY, AND THE ANTENNA IM USEING IS A JO-GUNN HILLBILLY, ITS IN THE AIR AT 50FT, IF I CAN HEAR THEM, I CAN TALK TO THEM.THE RADIO IS BUILT VERY WELL, I DONT SEE NO FLOWYS IN THAT RADIO AT ALL. I CAN SAY THE STAFF A WALCOTT CB IS NOTHING BUT THE BEST, WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH THE PUBLIC, NOTHING BUT GOOD PEOPLE THARE, YOU CAN FIND ME ON 38LSB, OR 27.5550 USB, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.. WRITTEN BY JASON LAWRENCE, 706NMS, ON 2/3/2010, AT 5-25PM.