The DX44HP is the updated version of the older DX44V. The biggest advantage to the new version is that they've doubled the power output. The 44HP now boasts 40+ watts modulation and 2-15 watts deadkey.
Like most newer radios they've also switched out all the green LED's and lights to blue. You also get a dimmer control so you can turn down the lights so they're not so hard on the eyes at night. They also cone with a built-in SWR meter so you can make sure your antenna system is tuned in. All in all, an excellent radio for not a lot of dough.
- 4 Pin Dynamic Microphone
- Mounting Bracket
- Mount Knobs
- 3 Pin Power Cord
- Owners Manual
- Large Galaxy Meter
- Blue LED Display Lights
- Automatic SWR Circuit: Automatically calibrates the SWR meter to give you an accurate SWR reading
- Variable Output Power: Allows you to lower your RF Power output
- Built-in Roger Beep
- Variable Dimmer: Dims down display lights
- Switchable Talkback: Allows you to hear what your transmission sounds like
- High SWR Alert LED: Lets you know if you have a high SWR that could damage the radio
- Power Output: 50+ Watts PeP
- Modes: AM / FM
- Frequency Range: 10 Meter 28~29 MHz
- Length: 10 1/8" from heatsink to bezel
- Length: 11 1/4" from heatsink to control knobs
- Width: 7 7/8"
- Height: 2 3/8"
- Current Draw: 7 Amp
- Fuse Size: 10 Amp
- Microphone Pin-Out: Standard 4-Pin
- Power Connection: Standard 3-Pin