Galaxy DX33HP 2 is the new version of their older DX33HP and DX33HML models.
With the new edition Galaxy has stacked the echo controls onto a single control knob, which leaves room for the microphone jack to come out the front of the radio as opposed to the side. They've also added a variable dimmer control that lets you turn down the intensity of the lights including the RX/TX LED and have also added a control that allows you turn turn on/off the talkback.
These three changes make this a much more convenient radio for most trucks. The radio will fit easier into tighter areas where having a mic cord sticking out would be an obstruction, and being able to dim the blue lights will help those who do a lot of night driving.
- 4 Pin Dynamic Microphone
- 3 Pin 2 Wire Power Cord
- Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- Owner's Manual
- 12 Watts AM Carrier, 45-50 Watts Modulation
- Three power output levels: Switch between high, medium, and low power output levels
- Switchable Talkback with Off Position
- Front Panel Microphone Jack
- Variable Dimmer Control: Controls the brightness of all the lighting
- Jack for accessory frequency counter: Allows for easy installation of an external frequency counter.
- Stacked Echo Controls: Adjust the number of times it will repeat, and also adjust the time in between the repeats.
- Dimable Blue LED Lights in Meter, Channel Display, and RX/TX Indicator
- Power Output: 50+ Watts PeP
- Modes: AM / FM
- Frequency Range: 10 Meter 28~29 MHz
- Length: 10 1/8" from heatsink to bezel
- Length: 11 1/4" from heatsink to control knobs
- Width: 7 7/8"
- Height: 2 3/8"
- Current Draw: 7 Amp
- Fuse Size: 10 Amp
- Microphone Pin-Out: Standard 4-Pin
- Power Connection: Standard 3-Pin