The Firestik Advantage
The "FS" antennas are 100% American made with 100% American materials. To maintain a balance between flexibility and ruggedness, we use a custom blended, glass fiber reinforced shaft. Each is wound with heavy insulated copper wire to prevent the oxidation and shorted windings often found on non-Firestik antennas.
The tunable tip mechanism is made from rust-proof brass and has a rubber o-ring to hold the adjuster in place after tuning. Our 3/8"-24 threaded base has a tapered contact point that works especially well with Firestik mounts and accessories.
The tapered "lug-nut" effect transfers stress away from the threads and reduces the possibility of vibration induced loosening of the antenna in its mount. Each antenna is covered with a static reducing, water-tight sleeve containing UV and pigment stabilizers. For peek performance we recommend that you use one of our 18-foot Fire-Flex coaxial cables with these antennas.
All "FS" series antennas are factory bench tested for resonant frequency and overall quality. And don't forget, ALL antennas, regardless of style or manufacturer, MUST be tuned after installation on the vehicle. Transmitting antennas are not "plug-n-play" devices.
- Works with all CB radios : Cars, trucks, RV's motorcycles, vans, semi's, and more...
- Average tuned SWR: 1.5
- Works on either single or dual antenna configurations
- Standard 3/8 x 24in thread
- All mode operation: AM/FM/SSB and NOAA Alert
- Tunable Tip: Tune by hand, no tools needed!
- Static reduction cap, eliminates up to 50% of noise
- Recommend 18ft coax cable
- 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- 5/8 Wave Antenna
- Top Loaded Design
- Length: 5ft
- Width: 1/2in
- Power Handling: 1000 Watts
- Connector: 3/8